Business Formation and General Business
- What do I need to start a new business in Virginia?
- What is the difference between a Corporation and a Limited Liability Company?
- What is a Registered Agent?
- What is the role of a Registered Agent?
- When can I open a bank account for my new business?
- Can I conduct business in a different state than the one I am incorporated in?
- What is a non-profit corporation?
- What are pleadings?
- What is discovery?
- What is a deposition?
- What should I do if I receive notification that someone is suing me?
- Can I file a lawsuit at any time?
- What is the difference between litigation, mediation and arbitration?
- Is there a less expensive alternative to divorce than fighting in court?
- What is a Collaborative Divorce?
- How does the Collaborative Process work?
- How expensive is a Collaborative Divorce?
- If I choose Collaborative Divorce, will my rights be protected and, if so how?
- What happens if an agreement cannot be reached and one or both parties want a conventional divorce?
- Do I need an attorney to close my real estate transaction? Can I just use a title company?
- Do I need a survey?
- Why is my closing being delayed?
- Will I have to pay capital gains taxes on the sale of my house?
- Nothing came up on title and the sellers told me title is free and clear – their family has owned the land since the 1800’s – do I really need owner’s title insurance?
- Do both buyer and seller need to attend settlement at the same location?
- When will I know how much money I need to bring to closing?
- What happens if my lender is not ready to close on time? What are my options to move in early?
- What is estate planning?
- What is your charge for estate planning?
- How much is a “simple will”?
- What’s the difference between a will and a revocable living trust?
- Do I need an estate plan even if my estate is not large?
- What happens if I do not have an estate plan?
- How do I choose a personal representative?
- What if I change my mind later about my estate plan?
- Can I draft my own estate plan?
Estate and Trust Administration
- What should I do if a family member just died?
- There is no will, how will the assets be distributed?
- Who can qualify as the executor/administrator?
- What are probate and non-probate assets?
- Am I required to have an attorney to carry out the administration of an estate/trust?
- Who pays for the attorney in the administration of an estate?
- What is required after I qualify as the personal representative of the estate?
- What if there are more debts than assets of the estate?